View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 02:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow An introductions thread --

Hi,
I'm Karen. I'm hopeful.

I'm starting an introductions thread because I was worried that some people might not feel they could just join in and be a cheerleader...

Me? gosh.

I'm an old lady who's been bed-bound for nearly two years. (I have been out a few times.)

I had low B12 from stress. That caused nerve damage, which is painful in the form of peripheral neuropathy, and cognitive dysfunction, which is painful on the psyche level.

The cognitive dysfunction really shocked me. So I did a few web pages on how necessary B12 is... etc.

But... the thing is that once I had a bit of brain damage I had a lot more things go wrong because I wasn't thinking as clearly anymore.

I lived in hydrogen sulfide for two years, and that caused even more nerve damage.

Then I got tetanus, a central nervous system disease, which is what laid me low in bed.

Soooo, I am totally convinced that B12 is SO important because when our nerves and thinking aren't functioning properly, there is just too much room for things to get worse, really worse. Whereas if we were thinking clearly we might not make some mistakes that contribute to the downward trend.

I gained huge weight in bed.

But... Smiling now with hopes of losing it.