Thread: Diagnosis!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 09:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy View Post
Hi Kristie!

Glad to hear you finally have a definite diagnosis but sorry you have to deal with so much. We all sure understand the "all in your head" thing while we were waiting for our MS diagnosis. What actually happens when you have one of the paralitic (sp?) incidents? Is it like having a total body spasm when everything freezes up and you can't move until it passes by?

Take care and keep your positive attitude!!
Hi Judy,

Yes it is a full body paralysis, including my face. It becomes difficult to breath and in some of them swallowing is impossible. I have not had one where I am only paralyzed in one limb, but it is possible that I could have those kind of attacks. It was very scary the first time I had one. I can hear everything going on around me and I can feel everything, I just can't respond to it.

They last anywhere from 20 minutes to and hour on average, but I have had one that lasted 16 hours after IV SoluMedrol. For the next five days after that I was in and out of them several times a day while I was in the hospital.

No reason to be down about it, the only thing that will do is make things worse. I'm going to enjoy my life and my kids' youth no matter what I have to live with.

Have a great day.

Kristie
nemsmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (04-26-2010), SallyC (04-26-2010)