View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 06:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Myasthenia Gravis-Neuro Appointment Today

Well, I had my 2nd SFEMG today at MUSC in my face (left eye and forehead), left arm and left leg. Had in leg and arm to check for progresion from just ocular to full body MG. Tests were negative for progression (a good thing). Dr. said the heaviness and weakness in my legs is coming from being on Prednisone for over a year now and at times on high doses. I started at 60 mg daily February 2009 until June 2009. We lowered slowly untilt double vision came back. Went back up. Long story short - now that I have added Mestinon to the Prednisone and CellCept (and it has reduced my double vision), we are slowly lowering the dose again. In the begining Mestinon did nothing so I was told to stop taking it. It seems to be working now because we have the DV more under control with the other two meds. Was told to walk some but not too much too fast. Also, was told twitching of the left eye has nothing to do with the OMG. Said it could be from fatigue and stress from the OMG, not from OMG directly. Have any of you experiencing this been told the same thing. He wants to get me down to 7.5 mg. of Prednisone a day within a few months. Sounds wonderul to me. Look forward to hearing from you and hope everyone is feeling wonderful on this beautiul April evening.
Kathie Glenn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote