View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Can someone translate this test result for me?

Hi.

I'm trying to help a friend who is 77 years young, quite lively, morbidly obese, non diabetic and healthy as a horse otherwise.

She had an MRI of her pancreas because she had some pain and here is the findings.:

She has a unilocular intrapancreatic cyst of the distal body which measures 1 cm size. No solid component, septation or enhancement. There are a few tiny 2-3 mm size pancreatic cysts.

There is no pancreatic ductal dilatation. None of the above pancreatic lesions demonstrate communication with the main pancreatic duct. There is no solid pancreatic lesion. The pancreas is diffusely fatty replaced.

There are bilateral peripelvic cysts. There is a simple cyst of the left of the lower pole which measures 1 cm size.

Visualized osseous structures are unremarkable. there is a moderate sized hiatal hernia.

Impression:

Multiple intrapancreatic cystic lesions as described above. The most complex lesion is at the level of the pancreatic uncinate process. None of these lesions demonstrate solid nodular component. There is no associated dilatation of the main pancreatic duct. consider endoscopic ultrasound evaluation, particularly of the uncinate process lesion. The differential diagnosis for these lesions includes low-malignant potential, cystic pancreatic neoplasm (such as intraductal papillary neoplasm and pseudocyst): close continuous serial imaging surveillance is advised. Next examination is in six months. There is no solid pancreatic mass.

Fatty infiltration of the hepatic parenchyma.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

She's a lovely woman and a good friend and very scared. Her daughter gave me the report and said "Can you ask someone to translate this for me"?

so that's why I'm here. I have no intention of telling my 77 year old friend what you guys say because she could never handle it.

So any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote