View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 09:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Daisy,
I started on 1.5 mg, After ten days I went to 3.0 mgs. I have been on that dosage since 12-2008. I tried to up it to 4.5 mgs and found that is the dosage where I get spasticity. So I went back down to 3.0 mgs and have stayed there.

We are all unique in the way we metabolize any medication. I would go back to the 1.5 mgs for a month if I were you, then try again for 3.0 mgs. Our bodies take time to adjust.

I may never try for 4.5 mgs again, or yet I might, down the road. I don't know. I started to see little benefits and improvements on 1.5 mgs, then more on 3.0 mgs.

You don't notice them until you look backward and say, wow, that is getting better or that is gone. It is easier to look after the fact at improvements, than to wake up and say, what is better today?

That was explained to me because I was in a hurry to see benefits, like we all are, when starting a new medication.

Take it at bedtime. It has a half life of 4 hours (it only works for about the first few hours of sleep. If you stay awake too long after dosing it may not work that night as it is supposed to. JMO

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
daisy.girl (04-23-2010), Kitty (04-23-2010), SallyC (04-22-2010)