View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 03:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking Norsk10

Dear all,

I am new on this site and not greatly computer literate so I do not know how to "jump around" these sites.

The thing problematic about medicine, all fields of it, is that the causes of diseases are not known so treatments are more or less trail and error, even if modern clinical trials are used to determine if this or that chemical helps a certain problem. They are all disease altering drugs (or even surgeries) so not too much can be expected of them.

Physicians, by their training, are associated with fairly reputable mentors and physicians learn from them. No one questions them. That is not bad, but the mentors do not know the causes of diseases either, but that conditions new physicians to think more of themselves and the knowledge they have than is true. That makes them not feel guilty when they are paid...just works out that way. They are truly doing their best, usually, but the level of medical knowledge "out there" is not so great...not as much as we give the medical community credit for.

Think this way: in 1850 physicians did not know the cause of one disease: unless a person had a laceration, fracture, or sprain. Then the microbiological revolution was started in Holland with van Leewenhoek, but it took until the 1850's for the Germans to start learning about bacterial diseases. By the early 1900's the cause of most bacterial diseases were figured out and antibiotics were invested in the 1930's, but thereafter there has been no great insights in medical science. None!

All the stuff done since the 40's is the development of high-tech things, surgery and chemical therapy to alter diseases. No one seriously thinks about "thinking about" the causes of diseases so that new cures can be developed.

You neurological people...are in luck though, because I have figured out that there is one cause for most neurological and other conditions, from sciatica, to carpal tunnel, to Guillain-Barre' to MS, etc., and all rheumatic conditions have neuropathies as do gastrointestinal problems so you see, all these diseases, and many more, are connected by one underlying cause. I will have a paper published in a few months and when it is I will notify you on this site.

Those who have individual questions can contact me on this site if you want. I am busy finishing the paper and a book, but I will look at the site from time to time.

Yours, Norsk10
"Thanks for this!" says:
collinsc (04-25-2010), DMACK (04-23-2010)