View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 03:08 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMACK View Post
Two years ago i suuported a Heroin addict at work.

He went to see his GP to say he was feeling depressed and was getting fuzzy head feelings as he said [fell a sleep for several minutes at a time but thought nothing of this]

He was conerned that he had been to the doctor on several occassions but could not convey his concerns as the Doctor just SAW+TREATED a heroin addict and subsquent Methodone addict.

He said the doctor was brash and cold towards him, dismissive of anything he tried to say.

So i wrote an introduction letter that he could hand the Doctor as he went into his appointment. The letter just stated that my client was concerned about other aspects of his life and health and found it difficult to talk about it. I also included that this person was feeling sterotyped and not seen from a holistical view point.

The letter was not rude, or innappropriate and my client was delighted that his view would be relayed.

The outcome was for this doctor to blow is stack.....He reported me for the construction of the letter claiming he Had mental health as his primary background in medicine. He was irate that i, and his patient had dare to question his style or proffessional behaviour.

Well the complaint went absoloutely nowhere, he recalled the complaint but chose his doctor patient right...to withdraw service. [he removed my clint from his GP list]

My client changed Doctors [but now felt guilt ...so still did not convey his issues with his new doctor]

He left where i work into his own home about three months after.

He was there eleven weeks, and was found dead in his flat face down.
He had died of an epelctic fit apparently. [were these the fuzzy head feelings he described i thought?]

TREAT THE PERSON AS A HUMAN BEING AND NOT AS case diagnosis

David
Hi DMACK This is very sad. His former doctor sounds arrogant,and cold hearted. The poor person didn't have a proper check up for the fuzzy head feelings,and his doctor wasn't listening.

This is so sad. His life will be remembered by your kind heart. I wish that I could have talked to him. I've been through some dark periods of pain in my life,and have survived. You have a good weekend. Like I said,I'm very sorry for your former client. He deserved to be treated like a human being. BF
"Thanks for this!" says:
befuddled2 (04-29-2010), bizi (04-23-2010), DMACK (04-23-2010), Dmom3005 (04-24-2010)