View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 03:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsc View Post
I have bipolar disorder so I fit in this class but I am also searching for anyone who suffers from neurocardiogenic syncope or syncope episodes period. I have this problem and I have no one who understands what I am going through. My family is great with me but they cannot help, the doctors in my area are not sure what to do with me, my therapist is worried that I am in a depressed bipolar state because of this, and I am lost. If anyone in this community has this condition or knows someone who does I would love to talk to you!
Dear syncopy person,

The nerves controlling the heart are affected in a similar manner as the brain is so it is not too unusual for people who have neuopathies (you probably have some peripheral neuropathies, too!) to have these other things.

This sounds crazy, but I am writing a paper and a book about the subject having been a physician for thirty years: and eventually figured it out.

What are you on now? I will give you some ideas and if you think they have merit you can try them. I am ret. now, just writing, so I do not really treat anyone personally. Stopped five years ago.

You probably also have rheumatic disease of some kind, like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus or something like that. Some people have Raynaud's syndrome, cold fingers, etc. That is an autonomic neuropathy.

Going to bed now....Norsk10
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (04-23-2010), Mari (04-23-2010)