View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 05:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Depression with MG

I have been doing some research to see if there is a connection between depression and MG. I have been in a pretty deep depression for a couple of weeks now. I am trying to decide if it is med related or if I am simply depressed. I am on an antidepressant which my Neuro doubled a couple of months ago. I am still on pred and also cellcept. I am having ALOT of side effects from the cellcept and the neuro dropped me back down to 1,000 mg a day to see if that helps. If there is no improvement in 3 weeks he plans to take me off of it. I mentioned in another post that I am having severe memory loss to the point it is scaring me. I have a little dog I go visit everyday and twice in the last week I forgot the alarm code!!! I have been using this code for 2 years and it terrified me the first time but the second almost sent me over the edge. The alarm went off and I had to call the dogs owner. I am also having alot of shaking in my hands and night sweats so bad I have to sleep with a fan blowing right on me. My neuro said these are side effects of the cellcept and that is why he lowered my dose. I have had bouts of depression before but nothing like now. I feel like I want to shut myself up inside my house and not interact with other people. This is really out of character for me and I HATE feeling this way. Do any of you suffer from depression and if so do you think it is related to meds, dealing with a chronic disease or do I need to be concerned that I have fallen into a clinical depression? I am not having any suicidal thoughts but do have days where I feel like if I die I am ok with that because I am so tired of feeling sick and not able to live the life I used to. Sorry for sounding like a whiner but I am really scared because like I said this is so out of character for me.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote