View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 12:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Steriod injections are they safe or not ?

This has nothing to do with Neuropathy, but i know there are some very smart people here that i really do take notice of.
My question is about having steriod injections in the hip, i am waiting to be called up for a total hip replacement, i have had 2 steriod injections in the last 6 months, but at the moment its given me shear hell, at times i can't hardly walk even with a walking stick, if i bend down my hip sorta locks up and i can't move for an hour or so, i have been hanging onto a steriod injection script that one of the ortho surgeons give me last November, and said we will do you early next year, no excact date as i am not insured but he said try not to use it if you can, but if you have to have it done, do it again, i asked if there was any side affects or risks taken these steriods, he said no, but i have read on the net that the femur bone can actually die and it can weakings the surrounding muscel and tissue.
I know that i am not down for an op in Feb as i have rang the pre op department, the ortho thats been looking after me is not there because he is on holidays now, so i really don't know what to do for the best, any advise is very welcome.
thanks
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote