View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused 10 year old before&after decompression surgery

Hello
I m a newbee and looking for answers at my wits end any help would be great
My daughter is 10 she started having severe headaches and vomits everything she eats and drinks immediatley after eating even if its a bit
on february 14 2010 she was diagnoised with chiari malformation on march 1 and had surgery on the 5th of march we spent 5 days in hospital she was still vomiting and had hed pain when were sent home we came back four days later she couldnt even walk with out help still couldnt keep food or any drinks.they did every sort of test amaginable from gi issues to more cts and an icp monitor we werere still hopefull on the second week they put an ng to feed her they gave here ensure at very slow rate they took out after a week and she kept food and water still had a headache so home we went thinking all was well four days at home she was back to vomiting every thing she ate and drank it was the same as in february we went to her neorsurgeon and they said it was not the chiari they fixed this and said follow up with giwe waited a full 10 days of vomiting and horrible headaches and we went back to hospital we spent 5 days there with iv and them sending us home saying we can watch her vomit at home they did all the tests they could last month so she keeps no food no water she trys to eat and drink but it comes back immediatly this has been so frustrating to watch her cry shes hungry and shes only going to get weaker.I can not belive they sent us home
shes such a happy little girl and dealying well with all this
slackermom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote