View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 08:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Repeat visitor to Mayo

I have been there (MN) twice. Both times I had mixed results. The first time I was in fair control of MG, the second time right after plamsapheresis and huge doses of prednisone, when I was going into remission. So maybe they didn't have much to work with. The first time they recommended going off of the immunosuppressants - this was good and I felt better. The second time they told me after a muscle biopsy, that I had an odd type of MD which is usually progressive. Who really knows. I think that difficult cases remain difficult and that the same conditions that confuse local docs also confuse Mayo.

It cost a lot but there was some benefit. I don't think I have MD and I think I am in remission from chemically induced MG. One of my neuros agrees and the other is unsure. Bottom line is that I am doing fine right now and even reinvented myself after I got better after almost dying several times from drug complications, line infections, shock etc., losing my wife of 37 years and shifting everything I had known in my life.

Bill
BillF is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote