View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 10:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 6 months later-finally got some answers!

It has been a while since I posted so I will give a quick recap. I had a seizure while standing and fell taking full impact on my head. All this time I didn't quite understand what the big deal was. I hit my head. Ok. I was unable to do my job, but did not understand why.(I even went to my union and asked for them to step in and make my employer let me back to work) Last week I went in for neurophysiology testing. 9 hours in one day! It was an eye opener! I have not got all the results back yet, but the Dr did score a couple of the tests. On one test that I was sure I aced, I scored under 1%. I scored lower than anyone she ever gave the test to. She even had me take it again, with the same result. The reason I was failing at work was my brain is not prepossessing any info on the left side. The dr said she could draw a line down the center of the paper and 98% of my mistakes are on the left side of the paper. She also said when this area of the brain is injured people develop a "denial attitude" where they do not believe anything is really wrong. While I know I have a head injury, and I can read the results of the test 100 times it still does not make sense to me. Sounds weird,I know. It was nice to hear I am not going crazy. A few more tests, and hopefully we can start to correct it somehow. She also got me in to an audiologist for a vestibule evaluation for my balance and tinnitus. I never thought of that. Anyway, I just wanted to say that there is always hope. If you are having memory problems like I am and have not been tested, maybe it would be a good move. Getting some answers after 6 months is a great feeling. Take Care.
natscoolma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote