Thread: Doody
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Ah...my friends. Thanks. What a wearing morning. I don't know much as the surgeon has a bad bedside manner and wasn't very forthcoming and actually quite confusing with his information. I asked very specific questions about the tumor and he kept replying that we would know more when the lab results came back. Dad's very uncomfortable and they wouldn't give him pain medication. He can't eat or drink until tomorrow morning. And on top of that his rampant, lifelong debilitating anxiety and panic have him scared to death.

Pile on my Uncle Dale who phoned my cell to ask about dad (he's my mom's baby brother and also they hang out with him every sunday and more). Asked him if he wanted to speak to mom or dad, he said..no, just you. He sounded like someone who has strep throat or a nasty virus. He told me he had just gotten back from the doctor and has a tumor that has taken over his voicebox and spread into the lymps in his neck, has a big lump there. he babysat me when I was little and I adored him growing up.

So it was a sucky morning. I didn't tell my mom or dad, I didn't know what to do at the time and it didn't seem like the right time to tell mom her baby brother is...well, it doesn't sound good.

Thanks for caring, I love you.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (04-23-2010), barbo (04-23-2010)