View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 02:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by autisticmoose2
I don’t know why but recently I feel a bit scared to post things on the new board. Fear of being stupid I guess.
Being stupid is our God given right as humans

Mistakes are part of what makes us unique and lovable - that is, if someone likes you to begin with, your mistakes won't be a biggie. If they don't like you, they'll use your mistakes as weapons against you. That's what I think based on working for 10 years in an office full of all women - talk about being scared!!!!

I finally feel free to be a goof, or odd, or wierd, or whatever. As long as I'm not intentionally mean, then I'm ok with me. Now certainly, there are days this does not apply, like pms days or what ever. But after 6+ years of practice here, and support from all the GOOD people here (which everyone has been, weather or not we always got along) I finally have the feeling of "just post as yourself, careful not to get too 'high' from finally being accepted somewhere that you get careless or rude or snotty, and if you are not liked here, this might not be the right place for you".

Although I have to admit, if I was asked to leave cause I was that obnoxious, I'd be crushed...I've been called obnoxious more than I can tell you, and honestly don't understand why...so refer to my first line of reasoning (if someone don't like you, no matter what you do they'll find reason not to like it and use it as a weapon against you).

I have come here during my highest and my lowest.

From offering my phone number and address cause I swore I wanted someone to pick up my son (that would have been my lowest for sure) to telling stories about getting stung in the lips (no, not on my face) and the biker that got it out on the highway. What HAVEN'T I said here.

I feel safe here. And am trying to learn some parameters of proper talk and not proper talk...but ya know, proper kind of also depends on who I'm talking to and their personality, proper is not a solid thing like I thought it was. It's flexible, depending on too many factors for me to ever ever calculate.

So, look at it this way. If you are posting as YOU, and that's not good enough for the folks here (which won't happen) then this is not the place or people for you. If you get acceptance and support and are willing to give it back, then it is the place for you. If you make a mistake....so what. If you say something stupid, then at least also make it humorous and....so what. Why 'so what'...cause you can always edit and delete or just say "oh, woops, I take that back". See?

Ok, this sucks...now I'm worried about how everyone will feel about what I just said!!!!! But I know I meant well, so I'm going to post it.

Mili
Milivica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote