View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 05:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

hello .......sure has been a long time since i was here.......................

frank still has the scs implanted...he is still on the fence about it.......has been in for over two years now..........

he likes the fact that he can now hold a coffee cup, touch his arm, not hate the water from a shower, the color is now normal, and the swelling is minimal..................however......

the scs did nothing for the pain.........he can now use his left arm, but the pain is still there...........he is on ms contin, oxycodone, topamax, valium, and lidoderm creme...............his pain is still horribly high, he sleeps a LOT to get away from the pain.....his memory is horrible, he is just not a happy camper.................

would he do it again? nope
would he give it up? nope.......................

he has lost a lot of mobility in his neck...........his scs is implanted at the c 2 c3 in his neck...............so he has trouble turning his head.........the battery is in his chest.....right side and does stick out.......it is tender, not really painful, but he has had several bouts of pain thinking he was having a heart attack, but it was all from the rsd and battery tightening around the chest wall......................

he had another trial to see if they could get coverage on his right side, but they could not get it in, as his arms were spasming so badly...............his rsd is in both arms, his knees are affected, and his legs just give out with no warning.....................RSD is really a shi**y disease.!!!!!!

mine is at a minimal balance................warmer weather in florida is a Godsend, no more cold snowy winters..............i have less pain than before, and i feel blessed for that.................

do your research.....it is a decision only YOU can make................everyone is different......................

hello to all my oldie friends... .............

claudia
emilys gramma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dreambeliever128 (04-23-2010), hurting (09-03-2010), Rrae (04-23-2010)