View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 05:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No, Kendra, I am NOT on Prednisone. I avoid that stuff like the PLAGUE!! As long as I stay away from that AND from IV solutions that contain corn sugars, I don't get depressed, now. I wouldn't wish depression on my worst enemy. Migraines are bad -- hate, hate, HATE them -- but, they are like tiny splinters compared to DEPRESSION!!

I can't figure out what is causing my memory loss -- it seems worse at some times than at others. I'm really trying to figure out a pattern. So far, I seem to just be misplacing things, not remembering names, and forgeting how to work some math problems (and I was a math teacher for a large part of my career). I feel like there is a "fog" in the front part of my head -- and like there are "holes" in some spaces of my brain -- like swiss cheese. Some parts of my brain are working just fine -- others, not so well. It is a strange feeling -- I don't know what to make of it. My neuro is running tests.

The prednisone psychosis is, in my opinion, FAR more prevalent than doctors want to admit. My brother-in-law's mother had it -- went TOTALLY psychotic after heart surgery and a dose of prednisone. They thought they were going to have to put her into a lock-down mental ward!