Thread: New & need help
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 09:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Val and Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetscnts17 View Post
Hello,Im hoping someone can help me as I'm losing my mind,about 9 weeks ago a had a back fusion surgery for L4 & L5 disc in my back.I have since been having severe pain in my left leg and foot and was told by my pain Dr that it was CRPS.I have had about 9 blocks in my back but they are not working anymore.My pain Dr has suggested a nerostimulator ,my back Dr is against this.I have read about some of the peoples experinces on this website and now am scared to do it.Can someone out there please give me some advice ...As it is now 4 am and I have again woken up from pain.
I havent worked in over 9 weeks and basically sit around in pain wondering how to fix it.....Thanks,Val
Hi Val, I am so sorry you are having so much pain. what stuck out for me in your thread is the fact that you are not even healed from your surgery. Those back surgeries can take months or up to a year to heal as well as some of the nerves that go with it. You stated you had nine injections, is that since your surgery? If that being the case isn't that like putting salt on an open wound. Early intervention is crucial for this illness, but your doctors need to get on the same page. And then to add the SCS implanted! You need to get your pain under control and allow your body time to heal from the surgery. I don't know if this helps, but you have a lot of business going on with your body right now. Do take the time you need to heal so you can make the proper choice. God Bless

Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (04-23-2010)