View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 09:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well I want to say that I guess I am one of the lucky ones and have been fully worked up in regards to endocrine issues. And I do have problems with cortisol and thyroid...well actually my pituitary is not releasing TSH & ACTH. From what I can get from the doctor is that this topic is becoming more and more known but still under diagnosed.

He also said that you need a endocrinologist that is very experience, as the lab numbers can be hard to fully understand. In my case my TSH, FT4, T4 all came in the low normal range. He said that is the first clue there is a problem.

Some doctors would say that they wouldn't put you on medicine because your TSH is low, which normally indicates hyperthyroidism - but when TSH,FT4, T4 all come in low or low normal you have what is called central hypothyroidism.

I am still learning about this issue so that is all I can give. If you can afford the testing I would highly recommend you getting it done. And even if your first set comes back normal...recheck in a year.
StuckinBoston is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote