View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 05:31 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I agree with what Mike said in his first post:

As an advocate of an explanation of RSD that makes scientific sense, rather than the meaningless gibberish from a neurological explanation that contradicts much of what is known about neurology, I would hate to see my words shunted off to a sub-category that some would avoid as just "too technical" to understand.

I am working on descriptions that don't cause eyes to glaze over - and making some progress - but science is science; other writers on RSD use phrases like "reprogramming nerves" to make the subject easier to misunderstand, but this disease is destroying our lives and the only way out is to learn the facts.

(By the way, our nerves can't be reprogrammed; they are hard wired with alternative hard wiring to compensate when someone uses chemicals to "reprogram" them; this is why blocks, and ketamine, eventually stop working).

Mike, I gotta admit I didn't understand a word in your second post, probably more Buddhism, but that's ok, I've started rereading my Bible; want to make sure I really understand things like Salvation and the parts about getting out of here before the **** really hits the fan, a prospect that appears to be more real as each day passes. I may even talk about that here.

Maybe we can agree to disagree on this, rather then getting engaged in overblown debates; just share our thoughts and let others decide what makes sense to them...Vic

The great end of life is not knowldege but action. T. H. Huxley

When in doubt, ask: What would Jimmy Buffett do?

email: :
Vicc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote