View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 07:19 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Concerning medical records... I do know that some hospitals here have gone completely electronic. But I do not know the laws involving access to these electronic records.

How this bypasses HIPPA, etc. I keep seeing a "goal" of making ALL records electronic. That is really going to be the future soon.

But I am still cloudy on that access. I think you will have to ask the doctor on how he obtained yours, Ada. I do know in my state it is complex to get the controlled drug history from the state database. Special ID is needed, for that access.

Because it is a "law" here, there may be ways around the HIPPA issue. You know HIPPA was really passed Federally back in the early 1990's. But it was a decade before it reached our daily social level. HIPPA is complex, and I know law enforcement can get around it when it needs to. But I don't really understand the other record keeping.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote