View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 08:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey,

So sorry for your all's surgical failures. For you, it's terrible to endure all that and not get good results for whatever the reason. This is tricky stuff. Not easy to treat or live with. Many do have a great recovery. Unfortunately some do not.

It takes a long to for nerves to settle down. I pray it becomes tolerable for you.

Keep us informed as you two go along. I'm sure others will come along and give you their experiences after their surgeries. I never had surgery but lived through 7 years of hell. TOS is terrible to deal with. It entails so many delicate parts of our body.

Maybe try some relaxation techniques. they do help.

Drink lots of water.

I did learn "palms up" here that seem to put your body in a better position. Have you seen the human atlas posters at a doctor's office or physical therapy department, where they are standing with their palms toward you. Kind of like that, even if you're laying. seems to help some.

I've had TOS almost 10 years now. It's been hell to live with. I'm not doing much better. I am working on my posture as my rolled forward shoulders are causing me some pain and problems. working on my core so my back will get stronger to support my upper body.

At this point of your journery, I would caution you to make sure any health care provider that touches you knows, in detail, about TOS and what they're doing. You have to inquire and know that they have experience working with TOS patients or just say no and wait till you do find experienced providers.

(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
antikamars (10-03-2012)