View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 10:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Kendra

I totally sympathise with you. I suffered with stress and depression before I became ill and being ill certainly hasn't helped it any. Now I suffer with anxiety......over everything. I'm sure this pattern of behaviour reared its ugly head due to the prednisolone.I have always had an anxious personality but it spiraled out of control on pred.

I wouldn't say Im depressed but I will happily admit that I have days where I don't feel life is worth living. My worst day so far was back in March when I finally got the report back from Oxford. I completely shut down, couldn't talk, couldn't do anything. I nearly rang the samaritans (suicide / depression) helpline, because I honestly couldn't see anyway out. I luckily had friends and family that could sense something was very wrong and they helped me, but it took a few weeks before I felt back to normal again. That's also another reason why I haven't been on here a lot as I just couldn't cope with anything.

Its very hard when you are depressed to see any light at the end of the tunnel. Eating foods that contain natural serotonin like Brown rice can be extremely beneficial.

Setting small goals everyday to do something, even if you don't want to. Gentle exercise where you can (obviously some MGer's like me can't), putting your favourite songs on and belting out the words. Anything that you can do to help lift you up out of this.

There are still days I feel low and on those days I allow myself to feel like that. But I try and limit it to 24 hours and then you have got to start the new day a fresh.

However If you have tried all of these things and nothing is helping, then you may need get some medication.

I hope this helps,

Love
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (04-24-2010)