View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 02:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default RE: news about gabapentin

I work for a pharmaceutical company and know a lot of information about this drug in particular. I also have MS and was prescribed a similar drug last year before my diagnosis because of neuropathy I started to have. It didn't work, and 8 months of tests later we knew it was because of MS and spinal cord lesions and not the drug not working.
I couldn't even begin to tell you the witch-hunt the FDA has for the drug industry. And I know we're at fault for many things. (I've been in sales for 11 years with the same company). The lawsuits have gotten CRAZY...and people wonder why drugs cost so much money? To give you an example, I cannot compare Drug x to Drug Y if there are not 2 Double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trials comparing the two. If I do, I am promoting "off-label" and could be penalized for the attached article of improper promotion. Again, because of my experience with this particular med, I know for a fact that gabapentin is used for many things off-label and it's because the doctors have a lot of experience with it in these areas. I feel bad that the public is so mis-informed on the realities and regulations of the FDA.
S-Mo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote