View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Confused Should I be seeing Red FLags......

.....from a Dental Office who claims they can do a root canal/put filling the in the neighboring tooth that has begun to decay (in between the teeth), put in the dental implant AND the crown ALL in ONE visit?

Maybe I didn't comprehend correctly when they were explaining this to me, but it seemed they were making it seem like a pretty 'easy-to-do' thing' !

Mind you, after reading all I've read about the Root Canal nightmares, I've decided to just have the tooth pulled and get the neighbor tooth cavity filled and call it good.

It's tooth #19 that is getting pulled. It's gonna leave one heck of a gap and I don't know what I'll do from there.......leave it and hope my teeth don't 'shift'?
The idea of an implant and having a screw drilling into my jaw is not where i want to go, so I'm guessing (if anything) I'll try for a bridge?

When I saw the body/tooth chart, I was amazed because the teeth that have been causing me problems seem to be related to my health issues for the past 5 yrs.
I was taking Lyrica and other meds that cause dry mouth during that time as well, and I've heard they are big culprits in tooth decay.
It's just so frustrating....I've NEVER had dental problems my whole life until these past 5 yrs and i didn't realize the dental issues were going on....I was putting my concentrations on the pain issues (neuropathy knees/legs) and Thyroid problems I was facing.

Hindsight sure says alot.
If that tooth/body chart is accurate......it would almost begin to seem logical to just go and get ALL our teeth pulled out and then we wouldn't have the health problems.
......i realize how silly that sounds..... but MAN i'm frustrated about my teeth problems since taking those meds and .....what a nitemare.
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote