View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 02:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey PB and Linda,

I'm here in PA enjoying another rainy (read: achy) day, perusing the net, looking for work, and generally trying not to go off the deep end with boredom. I'm so glad these forums are around...I've missed everyone terribly.

PB, good luck with your MRI next week. I know the feeling...I just don't want to know anymore about the degeneration...and I haven't even gone under the knife yet. I figure since there's not a whole lot to be done with my spine, I just don't want to know about it. What's that saying, "Ignorance is bliss." Maybe not bliss, but certainly it's less agitating and stressful for me.

Linda, I hope you can find some happy medium between your surgeon's guidelines and your PM doc. I hate that I can't exercise like I used to...before my spiney issues I was in the gym 5 nights a week, 3 doing cardio, 2 doing light weight training. Having such a physical job, I needed to build up my muscle to support moving all those patients, and the stamina to keep up the pace on a 12hr shift...not to mention, I loved the "toned and sleek" look I had I do my yoga and core strength training and that's about it...I refuse to go completely slack/saggy, and from all of the literature I've read, this seems to be the best course of action. I go to my PM doc for the TPIs as needed (more often of late), and my PM doc keeps telling me to "go easy", but I do wonder when he's just gonna say, "quit it" altogether?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. << spiney hugs>>

Theresa
Tbackpain1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote