View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 04:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smirk Thanks for the reply's folk.

I have to say I am a bit amazed at the amount of comments this post has generated. I'm glad I'm not alone on this subject. Thank you for the support!
This board is my life saving connection!

Just to answer a couple of questions that have come up.

Yes, it is very dangerous to cut someone off of their meds cold turkey. Tapering should be followed every time. You could actually throw your body into serious shock by not doing so. I was scared to death when it happened, thus my motivation to find another doctor fast. My primary care doctor covered my prescriptions until my new pm doctor took over. He was pretty ripped at my old pm doctor and wrote a nasty-gram to him. I was thankful for that!

Requiring a person to pee in a cup is done to find out if you have been taking your meds, or not, and to find out if you have been "self medicating" with anything else. This has never been an issue for me, I'm just sick of having to do it to prove my innocence every month.

Yes indeed, it's because of Medicare that our medical files are now available to any health care professional. Thank your lucky stars if you haven't had to use Medicare yet. Who knows how many HIPPA violators have had a looky-loo at your records.?

There is definitely a witch hunt going on at your friendly local DEA. I can almost guarantee they have full access to your states pharmacy records. I had an attorney get a copy of my "Patient Health Surveillance Record" and every single medication I take is on there, including non-schedule II meds. I have it in my hands as I post this and it goes from Jan 1, 2002 to Dec 31, 2009. It includes my name, my birthdate, my address, the RX #, the drug dispensed, the date filled, how many days it's good for, the doctor, and the pharmacy and all relevant phone numbers. Way too much information for just a doctor or nurse to need. The state would not release who had been snooping only to say it had, "been accessed several times by non-medical personnel". What "non-medical personnel" would have a need (or suspicion) to look into your personal health records? Lovely.

All a doctor has to do to access your pharmacy record in those states that have it, is to go to his/her computer, type in his/her DEA # and your id, and bada-boom bada-bang, up pops your medication history. Nurses, RN or not, are included in that bonanza as well. Hospitals, the same way. Don't lie about your meds or you're busted folks. Honesty is the best policy.

What is pissing me off is that I cannot have full access to those medical records. I have been denied every single time I have tried and given the lame excuse that I am "not privy to that information". It took an attorney to get them for me. Really? I have to threaten a law suite to gain access to part of my medical record? This reeks of law enforcement all over it. Someone is going to expose this for what it is and all hell is going to break loose. The states running these kinds of programs will go broke settling law suites.

I can see it now; in the wee hours of some bitter cold morning the black, unmarked vehicles drive up on the lawn. Feds bursting out of the cars and breaking down my door. They run into our bedroom, cold clock me, cuff me to my bed post, punch me in the gut, wrench my RSD infected appendage and then taze me for good measure, all the time screaming, "where the #%@## are your pain meds??" Then I moan out, "you mean my legally obtained medications sitting locked up in my gun safe?" Now the ATF is called in due to the mixing of drugs and guns. I'm looking at 25 to life aren't I????

One last thought; with obama (non-capitalization intended) care coming, I can only see it getting more intrusive. I'm just saying.

Thanks again for the comments. It's all great information, negative or positive.
jetjock1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (04-28-2010)