View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 04:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default depression with mg

John,
Yes I did know dogs could suffer from MG. It is amazing how many diseases we get that they can have too.
Do you think the fuzziness you mention is related to the pred? I really think alot of my problems are related to the long term pred use too.
We have had 3 rainy days here and you are right that they are depressing. Hopefully today it will clear off and I'll take your advice and go for a walk. I'll take the dog with me. He will love that. I don't walk him like I used to and I know he misses it.

Rach,
I totally agree that pred can push people who tend to be anxious over the edge. I have always been pretty high strung and I too notice that the pred makes me feel like I am always one step ahead of myself. It makes me nervous, agitated, irritable and then when I can't sleep I feel like I am fighting a losing battle.

I am sorry to hear you have been having such a hard time yourself. I totally sympathize. Are you still taking pred? I keep wondering how much of a difference coming off of it would make. I had an eyelid that was so droopy it was almost closed before the pred. My fear is that as soon as I stop the pred it will come back. I don't think I can deal with that again, not just because of the insecurity it caused when out in public but because my vision was so effected and from constantly tilting my head back to look up my neck bothered me constantly. It is so depressing but I am so thankful that all of you are so supportive and always have such good information. I wish you the best Rach and hope you are feeling better than you were.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote