Thread: Cymbalta
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 08:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have started this med. 2 weeks ago after discussing a trial period with D.O. to see if it will help with neuropathic pain and/or fibromyalgia.

Due to the drug classification (SSRI) and my taking Paxil, we thought best I discuss first with the Dr. who is prescribing Paxil since this is his expertise. He instructed me to split the 30mg Paxil for 2 weeks, taking the 1/2 tablet at night and then the 20 mg. Cymbalta in the morning, then, after 2 weeks, discontinue the Paxil altogether.

The Cymbalta zonked me, so I called nurse to inquire about taking at night instead of morning, to which the Dr. said was OK. This works much better re: fatigue. I have had no other side effects as of yet.

Due to the unpredictability of fibro it is way too soon to know if it is helping, and as ar as the neuropathic pain goes, I think 20 mg is probably a pretty small dose to notice any results. However, I have always been extremely sensitive to so many meds in the past, so now I am slowly introduced to any new med. But I guess that is the norm for most patients anyway, because it is best to take the smallest dosage necessary to acquire desired beneficial results.

If some unusual side affect comes up, or I have good help with pain, I will post back with this info.

TTT
TipToeTulip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote