View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 09:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny321 View Post
Thank you very much. Your information was great! Yeah i also can mentally and physically only withstand two classes max. It is incredible hard since this is second semester of my junior year and i am supposed to be applying to colleges. This is just such a frustrating time in my life. Any more stories or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you everyone
Zach
Hey thought maybe my story would help right now. I got a concussion in Januray 2009 during a basketball game. I don't think I blacked out if I did it was for a very short amount of time. I don't remember the acutal injury. I kept playing just feeling a little weird. Over the next 10 days (I was stupid and tried to hide it from my parents teachers coaches etc) my symptoms got so bad I could barely go to school. I eventually passed out while at basketball practice and was forced to go to the doctor.

I had a bad concussion with things like memory loss trouble concentrating short temper. I eventually felt better after 3 weeks of laying bed in the dark listening to quiet music because I had light and noise sensitivity. Anyway I had a relapse about a month later struggling with memory loss again. I was kept out of soccer and basketball that entire time missing the whole spring season.

I did pretty well over the summer then I went back to school. I think it was the combination of school and 2 hours of soccer daily that just overloaded me. I think I might have gotten hit a couple times somewhere in there too. But I had to the worst symptoms I had ever had. Memory loss horrible headaches dizziness noise/light sensitivity all that good stuff plus a little more. I ended up missing more than 2/3 of the semester sitting at home because I couldnt take the stresses of school.

But in the end I'm pretty much back to my normal self. I worked with the school and I got all caught up passing all my classes other than dropping spanish. I still have a few lingering problems like a shorter temper and the occasional "off" days but other than that I'm great. Oh I'm a sophmore in high school. I know a little bit of what you're going through and hope for the best for your recovery. If there was one thing I could tell you from experience its listen to you body. You can't recover if you're over exerting yourself mentally or physically. I've learned this from being very stupid and ignoring this which led to 3 relapses and living with the symptoms for over a year. There is definitely a chance for you to recover you just need to give it time which sucks but really is the only thing right now that can help. Hope you start to feel better soon.
soccer14 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vini (04-26-2010)