View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Zack,

You have received some good advice already. I would add that you need to get checked out by an upper cervical chiropractor. It is very likely that you have injured the joint between your atlas (C-1) and your skull. If this joint gets knocked out of alignment, it can cause all kinds of pain and discomfort.

Check out "The Doctors" from Nov 25th. Here is a link. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...51La6UkTC8khkw

Your experience in the ER sounds odd. You were surrounded by 'six doctors with a severe concussion'. What? Did they all get hit in the head at the same time. LOL Maybe that is why doctors are so lame when it comes to understanding concussion.

Just some 'rigid thinking' common to concussion.

Sounds like you were knocked out for a bit more than 45 seconds if you woke up in the ER.

You need to go to Dr Glen Johnson's web site and download his TBI Survival Guide at www.tbiguide.com Print it out and have all in your family read it.

I am curious if you had any slowed/slurred speech at the hospital? Some of your symptoms sound as if your brain may be working at a slower speed that those around you, like you are thinking in slow motion while they are all at normal speed.. It would tend to make them sound like they are going too fast. This has happened to me from time to time.

Personality changes are not uncommon. Your family and friends need to be informed that these personality changes are from your brain injury, not a change in your attitude for them.

Don't worry about school for a while. That is too much pressure for your recovering brain. You may need to request some accommodations at school like a quiet room for test taking, maybe a tutor to help you with some classes. But that will be down the road a bit.

Avoiding any of the stresses that set you off is a priority right now.

Keep us informed so we can help.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote