View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 12:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Any Help Would be Appreciated

Hello, I am writing this in the hope someone could point me in the right direction.

My wife (49) has been experiencing intermittant at rest tremors in her left leg since dec 2009. Initially her primary care physician said this was possibly stress related etc. This month she experienced pain in her left ankle that would get better over night but become worse during the day. In addition to this her tremor became more pronounced. Her primary care physician recommended seeing a neurologist.

So... we made an appt with a neurologist at a neurology group suggested by her primary care physician. The neurologist performed various in office tests and prescribed blood work and an MRI and a follow up visit in 6 weeks. All of the tests came back normal and the MRI was clear with no tumors etc. The neurologist says he feels she has early stage Parkinson's and has not given us any information or recommendations other than we should see him in six weeks.

I've read countless websites articles etc about PD, but I'm at a loss as to what we should do for the next six weeks while we wait for the next appt.
jmeyer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jubes (03-01-2013)