Thread: Hi Bryanna!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi elle,

The drug is called Triazolam, it is the generic for halcion which is in the benzodiazepines family of drugs like xanax, valium, etc. In dentistry it's used as oral sedation. I have never known any dentist to charge for this, your case is the first for me! The monitoring machine is called a pulse oximeter which registers your oxygen level and can also be timed to periodically take your blood pressure. I know oral surgeons who routinely use this machine on all of their patients, sedated or not, and never charge a fee for it. Perhaps you could question that at one of your visits with her.

The ridge augmentation is the surgical preparation of the socket for the bone graft and then placing the graft. The more severe the bone loss, the more preparation and the more bone graft material needs to be used. Every extraction has some degree of bone loss and in most cases some ridge augmetation is performed, but not every case is there a bone graft placed at the time of the extraction.

I am very glad that you and your hubby ask alot of questions!! I always encourage patients to bring them on......!!!!

Ok, so enjoy your vacation...... sounds wonderful!!!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellem8 View Post
Was it nitrous oxide/laughing gas? It was Triazlam. (sp) When I took it with my endo he didn't charge me for it, just gave me a script so I felt that charge was not necessary. I asked them about it but they said it was for their monitoring equipment. I still don't buy it because my endo had the same equipment. It's nice to see where I may of over payed for future implants. Thanks for going over that Bryanna.

What exactly is the ridge augmentation extraction? I remember we compared that to the other quotes and they had it too but I never asked what it was. That is really unlike me because my hubby and I ask A LOT of questions.

OK, OK, I'm going!! We are leaving early Tuesday! I will enjoy my trip, laying on the beach in the sun and sand and not think about teeth for 3 weeks!

See you when I get back!

Elle
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote