View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 03:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default depression with MG

Nicky,
Yes the Neuro said there is no doubt this is from the cellcept. I am hopeful it will get better. He said if it doesn't then he plans to take me off of it in 3 weeks. I wasn't aware that it caused memory problems either until I talked ot his nurse. It really is scary how many side effects these meds can cause.

Oh my gosh I had the same feelings before I got sick. I even told my hematologist about it and tried to explain that I was so tired and had very little enrgy or enthusiasm. He then thought it was my thyroid but within a gew months we realized it was MG showing early signs and symptoms. I also was under ALOT of stress when I got sick and will always swear that is what triggered my illness. I have posted before that my boys refer to it as a nervous breakdown. I don't care for that term but I do believe I had a complete emotional breakdown.

Everything you have said here is so right!!! I am just struggling with not being the happy, energetic person I was before who could tackle the world if that was what was on my agenda that day. I am also having alot of guilt for not being able to work much anymore. I just psyically can't do it. My husband is very understanding but it has definitely put us in a huge financial bind. Then to top it off my disability claim was denied. I am meeting with an attorney next week to appeal but that can take 10=12 months!!! The real kicker is that I have a team of Drs and they got medical records from every single one except my Neuro. When I called the Neuros office to ask about it they said they recieved the request and then told Soc Sec they needed the signed medical release form. Soc Sec never sent it back. When I called them and explained they said those things happen and it probably just got pushed on through. I am so mad and frustrated. I do NOT believe this was a mistake. Without the records from my Neuro I wouldn't need Disability. That is way off the subject but just another reason I am depressed I think.

It is funny that you mention The Serenity Prayer. I have it hanging by my bedroom door and look at it every morning!!! It has been inspirational on alot of days when I feel like giving up.

I sooo hope you are right that one day I won't need the meds anymore or if I do I will adjust to them. Thanks so much Nicky!!! You have made me feel better. I am trying to pick myself up and force myself to do things even if I don't want to. I HATE depression and am determined to pull myself out of this hole. Thanks again
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote