View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default depression with MG

Kathie,
I think your Dr is right about the Pred making you depressed. I swear it is part of my problem too but the Neuro insists I cannot lower the dose yet. YES all the side effects are so depressing. I have gained 10 pounds, retain water, have insomnia, seem to be carrying the extra weight in my stomach and like Nicky mentioned I am noticing cellulite on my legs that I never had before. I am truly hoping all this will go away once I am off the pred. When you mention you just want to be home and nap or read and sometimes you don't even want your husband there I can totally relate!!! I love my husband to death too but have the very same feelings at times. I find alot of times I just want to be by myself. You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers because I know how miserable feeling this way is. I feel like a walking pharmacy too. It is insane how many different meds they have me on. I think the combo is part of what is causing my depression. I think my body is in a constant state of confusion from meds that are taken away or added.

I take 100 mg of Sertraline daily. That is the generic for Zoloft. I have been on 50 mg since 2002 when I went into a depression after my mom died. Everytime I tried to come off of it my depression and anxiety came back. My Dr finally told me to just plan to stay on it. My Neuro doubled it to 100 mg about 6 weeks ago.

I so appreciate the support from all of you. I was so hesitant to post because I don't want to come across as negative or a downer but you all have made me feel better with all the replies and support. There has to be light at the end of the tunnel for all of us!!! Kathy hang in there and I'll do the same
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote