View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 12:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Painfree

I came back and read your post again and looked up the web address you suggested also. You mention going to a doctor to review my symptoms and to get a qualifed medical professional. What speciality should the doctor have? I have an orthopedic dr and see my newer rheumtology dr every several months. (he feels I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthris and MP). My general MD does not know much at all about MP. I also saw a neurologist several yrs ago he agreeded it was MP. They suggest weight loss and I think it would help. Back about 2 yrs ago I had a good pain doctor as far as giving shots (which I do not want any more of if I can tolerate the pain when it peaks.)
I agree what you say about trigger points and deactivating the compression point I just am not sure I know how to do it. I do believe it could learn to do it and I do not want my muscles to shrink.
Let me know what type of doctor should be able to help. Maybe I already have him it is just getting the person that can teach me to do this. Maybe it is a book I need to get and read to learn for myself.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for your reply.
lookingup58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote