View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

DH is an automatic diagnosis of celiac disease. From what I understand, DH is specific to gluten intolerance. Research DH + gluten and read all the hits you get. I have not been officially diagnosed with celiac (my PCP believes I am celiac though), but I have had DH breakouts a few times in my life. In time, I think they will be diagnosing double DQ1's as celiac, and probably the hardest hit. We get a double dose of glutenintolerance, that which doesn't bother most celiac's will make us very sick, and for weeks on end.

Try eating all natural foods, nothing processed, stay away from grains, dairy usually is an issue too. It also sounds like you may have a yeast overgrowth issue too. I didn't think I did, but recently found out I do, and have been eating a yeast free diet (no sugars, no canned fruits, no sweeteners, only stevia), you may want to read up on it too. I have been gluten free for nearly 10 yrs, and didn't figure all this out until now. There is a good forum for those of us who are super sensitive www.glutenzap.com check it out.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote