Thread: Ouch!!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lisa and Friends,
I hear ya! I know people are just trying to be nice and there are some people that much touch you to make you know you are special but it is terrible for us that don't want to be touched due to our RSD. I have been in the hospital having Lidocaine treatment and have had nurses come up and touch my feet (my right foot is where the mess began and I've had full-body for about 5 years now). Ouch it hurts...for hours too. I've also had a relative give me a big strong handshake and I thought I was going to scream. Why he did that is beyond me since he is a pretty wimpy guy but maybe he had a few drinks in him at the wedding reception. Who knows. People don't understand if my foot was the initial trauma then why do my hands hurt so much? It is an everlasting ongoing educational experience for me wherever I go...as it is for everyone here. It was nice to read that some of you get nervous before going to a party or get-together since I just dread going out anywhere. It's nice to know that I am not the only one that feels the same way. If I told my family members how I feel they would not get it and think I just did not want to go. Hang in there and when you see folks coming near you to hug you, etc... just put your hand up and tell them you can't have them hugging you due to your disability...but would love an "air" hug instead. Good luck,
Kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (05-28-2010), Lisa in Ohio (04-27-2010), wswells (05-28-2010)