View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It is a load, isn't it?. Well I am the one in the family that keeps things interesting but in a not so good way. Here is another one. Day before yesterday, my dog (great dane) caught a cat and brought it into her pen. I just about had a heart attack when I saw what was happening and started yelling at her to drop it. She did but I could tell that the cat was quite injured. My heart went out to it and he/she looked up to me as if to say " help me". I thought, "Oh God, don't let this be happening".I didn't have my cane with me so I had both hands free to scoop him up and I headed for the gate with him in my arms.I thought that I would never reach the gate area, as I was limping all the way. In my head I was thinking about what to do with him next, call the vet? Put him in the house, put him in the truck? As I was thinking all this I didn't realize that kitty was about to let me know what he thought about the rescue.
I never saw it coming as he sunk his fangs deep into my flesh.
OOOOOOOOOHHHH my god, I was in the cluthes of an injured,
deranged cat and I was his target. Out of instinct I threw him
from me but his latch on my hand lasted an eternity. He actually
r a n under the truck. Thank god he let go! As I started dripping blood, my husband said " go in the house and tend to your wound and I will watch the cat".To make a long story short, the cat died and I ended up at urgent care for a tetnus shot and a round of antibiotics. We had to take the cat to our vet and they send it out to be tested for rabies, etc. It has only been a few weeks ago that I closed the truck door on my hand. The door was totally shut with my hand in it. The pain was unbelievable.
I don't know what is next but if I see an animal hurt I sure will be more cautious. Bless, Doodle bug7
Doodle bug7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote