Thread: Jaw pain...????
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Kathy,

I have horrible jaw pain too so I totally get where you are coming from with the soft food. If you don't already do this you might consider trying to keep the tip of your tongue on the the roof of your mouth just behind your upper teeth. It helps to keep the teeth apart and stop you from clenching which I'm famous for.

I was diagnosed with TMJ, Temporomandibular joint disorder many years ago, but the pain increased substantially since I got RSD.

Apparently there are a few drugs that are prescribed for RSD that are known to cause jaw pain but I don't recall which ones they are right now. You might check with your doctor to review your meds for that.

A few weeks ago I went and had botox injections given to me in both jaws. Since it was my fist time having something like this done the doctor just gave me only a small amount. I am going to go back next week and I'll ask her to increase the dosage for my next treatment. After I had it done I was shaking my head asking myself why I didn't have it done sooner.

Warm wishes,

MsL
"When humans learn to be gratefully present every moment, they become angels. It’s not the wings that make the angel, but the message of courageous presence and creative acceptance, no matter what the moment brings: “Fear not!”" Gratefulness.org
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (04-29-2010)