Thread: pcs, vertigo
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 07:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrazier1979 View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum. i was hit ont the top of the head by a falling 32 foot ladder on 5-21-09. i have had a headache since. i have had so many symptoms that have gone along with that. now vertigo, migrane, ringing in ears, trouble focusing, short of breath, numbness in fingers and hands. shakey legs. to name a few. i have seen a neuro and he said less is more and time will heal. had mri, mra mrv, eeg all inconclusive and normal. i have been amitrytlene, topamax, cymbalta, nuerotin, lyrica, tizanapine. some seem to help a little. most had such bad side effects they just made things worse. i have been diagnosed with vertigo. and i am seeing an eye doctor today. and having a vng next friday to determine what is causing the vertigo. i have been out of work for 3 weeks now. but worked throught the first 8 1/2 months. now work comp wont pay for anything and i was getting frustrated. I had the independent medical exam with there doctor and he told me i was depressed and that if i took care of the depression tha teverything would disappear. what a joke. yesterday i found the BRAIN INJURY ASSOCIATION OF MINNESOTA. So i called them and they sent me in the rght direction to pcs doctors. what a relief. things didnt start getting worse until 7-8 months after the fact. is that normal? or possible? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks
you have a complicated problem. the best evaluation at this point would include a thorough neurological examination and ENG testing to evaluate the vertigo. A dix-hallpike maneuver to check for delayed onset benign positional vertigo would help. vertigo could accompany migraine, cervical spine injuries, or vestibular injuries, or all three in any combination. therefore, you need a thorough cervical spine assessment. you mention MRI but you did not say of which body region. Your symptoms suggest a need for a cervical MRI as well as x-ray assessment. Not all neurologists are well versed in cervical spine problems. you may also need orthopedic evaluation or chiro. though i would not recommend any manipulation until any cervical instability is excluded. These are starting points for your problem. if your neurologist does not support you in your workers comp claim, you should find another since negative testing does not rule out an on-going potenmtially disabling problem.
leepomd
leepomd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote