Thread: pcs, vertigo
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrazier1979 View Post
and having a vng next friday to determine what is causing the vertigo.
The docs suspect inner ear issues with me as well. I had a vng last week and the pressure (blowing air) in my ears at the end made my vertigo/dizzy symptoms worse than before, during the test and up til now. They think I may have a perilymph fistula (small tear in the innner ear where fluid is leaking), it can happen when you get whacked on the head, but is said to be rare. If you search online you can find info and a symptom list. I don't have a definitive diagnosis at this point, it is suspected and I have to go see another doctor, have some more diagnostics. If it turns out to be the case, the good news is that it is repairable. I previously did 2 months of vestibular rehab, it didn't help me. If I could get rid of the vertigo, nausea stuff I would be one happy camper, still missing part of my brain (at least it feels like it) but at least more mobile and less hampered. If one symptom goes away at a time at least it's progress. I am also seeing an upper cervical chiropracter next week, hope it will help things, my neck still bothers me after 7 months. Good luck!
BeccaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (04-27-2010)