Thread: pcs, vertigo
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

kfrazier1979,

An Upper Cervical Care Chiropractor could be helpful for you but if you have other physiological issues that you haven't dealt with, the adjustment won't hold and you'll wind up spending a lot of money on that. For example, if your cerebellum, which is responsible for posture, is damaged and you don't rehab it, your adjustment won't hold because the muscles in your neck won't hold it. Or, if your thyroid is low, your muscle cells in your neck won't be getting the proper hormone support to stay in place after and adjustment. So, before you go jumping into that, make sure you have dealt with other issues first, i.e. hormones, cerebellur function, balance, etc...

I'm surprised that you haven't had success with your chiropractic neurologist. They are usually extremely good at treating balance/dizzy disorders resulting from head injuries. As a matter of fact, it is one of their specialties. If you haven't seen any improvement though, I would fire him and go a different direction.

One thing to keep in mind about Chiropractors is that only about 10% of them are any good. The rest are usually people who couldn't get into either medical school or physical therapy school, or some other type of professional school. The requirements to get into chiropractor school are not that stringent either, and I believe you don't even need a college degree to get into most. So, the caliber of student going to these schools is not that high. As a matter of fact, LIFE Chiropractic college, which is one of the premier colleges in the nation, was offering guys on my rugby team in college full scholarships regardless of their GPA. So, that should be an indication of what kind of students they are letting in. However, once in a blue moon you will find a good one and usually this person will be a god send for you.

Good Luck!
mhr4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BeccaP (04-28-2010)