View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi KateLynne,

We could write a book from the stories that has been told on this forum about Drs. being a**es.

In 5 years I saw at least 100 Drs. before I got all of my diagnoses and the help I needed. I am not exaggerating. I have a list of all of them. I ended up with about 8 that has helped me with all of my problems.

The PM Drs. are jokes in my book. They are out there to help you but they are afraid to give you the meds you need or hand them to you just to get you out of there.

At first I cried and would want to give up and then my PCP would send me out again to another Dr. to help diagnose me. After awhile we just can't seem to take anymore of their attitudes so we tend to just slump down in the floor and cry.

The Drs. you have sound like a**es. Look for new ones and don't give up.

When a Dr. tells you not to look up your illnesses on the internet then he's trying to control how you are being taken care of and they tend to think sometimes that we go on the computer to learn about illnesses to use them to get meds or attention. He is one I would definately dump. Why should we wait for them to take care of what is going on with us when they aren't going to do it anyway. What we learn we can take to another Dr. and ask them for the help we need. When I fell and got hurt my PCP ask me to go out and buy a computer to help diagnose me. He had sent me to so many Drs. and none of them could figure out that I had TOS. I did it with the internet. He and my PA had had only one TOS case in each of their 20 years. It took us 3 years to get me diagnosed. We went through that 2 more times with other medical problems. Now I'm back on the computer trying to figure out this pelvic pain. I don't give up. Before councelling I would have crawled under the bed and died.

Don't give up, keep going to Drs. until you find the one that will help you and stick with helping you. They are out there.

I can't believe the one Dr. didn't believe in RSD. That's the first one I heard that didn't. Usually it's Fibro that they don't think exist. LOL

Do hang in there and keep looking for that right Dr.

By the way, I have eye problems also from the RSD and Fibro. They can be caused by either.

Glad you found us.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote