View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 07:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Yes, I tested medium high for IgG antibodies to yeast.
I react to citric acid, which is made frok mold.
I am on a yeast free diet for yeast overgrowth now. No sugar, no sweeteners (except Stevia), no dairy, nothing white, is what they say. I went on this diet March 1st, and had a significant yeast diet off begin in the 2nd week, which lasted for at least 3 weeks. I had to give up dairy last summer, after using it for my entire life, I am 54. I read that butter is ok for us, since whatever that causes issues in dairy has been removed from the butter...2 weeks of butter, and constipation set in...so, I guess that's out too. I honestly do feel better on the yeast free diet.

No sweeteners includes sugar, any sweeteners (Equal, Splenda, Sugar Twin, etc)high fructose corn syrup, any syrups, maltodextrin, anything ending in "tol". I wish I had known about this years ago, I think things would of been much different for me. I also wish I had known there was still gluten in gluten free foods, I would never have touched them, had I known.

Mold foods are out of my diet too. Mushrooms are very bad, peanuts are a fungus food (and I stayed with my peanut butter for such a long time, thinking it wasn't hurting me)cheeses are a mold too...many nuts can be bad...they say to roast them at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes to get rid of the mold.

I eat apples and pears, always peeled, if there is anything bad on them, it will be on the peel...peaches too. All fresh, never canned, never with added sugar. I slice up an apple, and drizzle almond crumbs on it, very good that way. Pears are plenty sweet without anything added.

Feel free to email me if you would like, just put "neurotalk" in the subject line so I know it's safe to open... darlindeb25@aol.com

Deb

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote