View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Shocked Sobering statistics about NSAIDs pain relievers:

Here is a new article that discusses this class of drugs.

It is quite sobering.

http://www.healthsentinel.com/joomla...inal&Itemid=24

I personally have found a way to limit my exposure to them.
I currently use Aleve Liquigels for severe arthritis pain.
I have found one of these very potent, fast acting, and long lasting. I used naproxen 500mg dry tablets twice a day many years ago, and did not get the same response! So now I can take the smallest dose, once a day of Aleve Liquigels, and that typically works for me. I don't take them "everyday" now, but rotate them with regular Tylenol if I have a more long lasting pain event. For really severe nights I have tramadol in the wings. So what I do is rotate my pain meds.

I still prefer Aleve for my first choice, but I try to keep it very modest in frequency. I will use my magnets, Lidoderm patches and Salonpas topically whenever possible.

The dangerous nature of NSAIDs is always in my mind. A neighbor bled out on naproxen for her back a few years ago, and almost died. 13 days in ICU and finally had surgery to tie off the artery that had eroded!

So do be careful with this class of drug.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jackie66 (05-15-2010), Kitty (04-28-2010), Rrae (04-28-2010)