Thread: VEEG testing
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 03:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What I did was got the procedure code they use and called the insurance company myself for approval. I do that even when my doctors say that they did to be sure. I don't know your type of insurance, but I have Aetna PPO (open access plan), they paid most of it. I paid $150 co-pay and was billed later for around $1,400 (the total bill was like $7,000).

Make sure when you see them pick the cotton swap off of the wooden Q-tip and scratch it on your head, if you feel pain tell them to stop. Trust me on this one! They only need to remove the dead skin, some get carried away and remove even more and it will stay like an open sore (like when you smash your hand on something and it peels skin off) with a metal electrode atop it for several days.

Pick up some Johnsons First Aid Cream and bring it with you. Also bring a fragrance/alcohol-free lotion facial cleanser. Once you're about to leave, tell them you'll wash your own face (use lotion cleanser). Once you wash, immediately apply the first aid cream to all of the red spots.

I'm not sure if you live near an Ulta beauty supply store, but their signature products run about 9 dollars each (buy two get one free) and they have extremely gentle face wash and toner. I use it always now, but did use for EEG/VEEG and EKG (stickers peel my skin off, too).

If you find my VEEG post, I pretty much told the blunt end of it all. I figure online they tell the gist of things, doctors tell the technical part and I am here to give the nitty gritty!

If you have any seizure increases with your cycle (or even the time your cycle used to be) tell them and try to schedule it for one day BEFORE your cycle or when it used to be. If you have any videos that would increase seizures, bring those, too. Bring anything that would trigger a seizure (order coffee, alcohol, etc). The faster you have one, the faster you get to go home.

Keep us updated!!

*Hugs*

Ellie

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote