View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 02:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default no easy answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concussed Scientist View Post
I have noticed a problem with the good advice to take loads of rest (thanks for that, Tangje). The problem that I have is how to make a living when I am taking rest. I don't have any savings to fall back on so I basically have to work to pay the rent and feed myself.

I expect some of the rest of you can relate to this. I wonder how much having to work for a living is slowing our recovery. I don't feel that I can just take a year off and relax and stay out of debt.

I am trying to think of jobs that aren't too taxing on the brain but then you get to do minimum wage jobs that could be even more of a hassle. Has anyone solved this problem?

CS
hi CS
no easy answer I had to give up work, be it by the gentle mans way out

we have a 9 yr old still with us, at home my injury,s were self evident, so getting disability living allowance and incapacity benefit saved our home . it was tough, but debt we live with, a big come down from a 45k project manager, it pains me greatly that all our kids even the older one,s have lost so much

you guys with no skull fractures. must have a real hard time getting docs ect to take you seriously, my last neurophysiology report says I will not be able to do any full time challenging job for the foreseeable future , my head aches stop me from doing many things, cant say when they will strike, at home, I can work round them posting on forums bits an pieces around the house , but not 9 to 5 just between bouts
employers , can,t be expected to work round my condition

best wishes
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (05-10-2010)