View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 03:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default medtronic strata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian richard View Post
hi i suffer from nph after a fall some years a go i have had a medtronic strata shunt that keeps adjusting itself i have had it readjusted 8 times in the 3 years i have had it.the neuro surgeon keeps putting the blame on me saying i must have a large magnetic field around me what a lot of crap i have had to listen too.
The setting is normally set at 2.5 i have been trying to find out if these units are prone to getting out of adjustment before this thing in my head kills me,as once it reset to 1.0 causing a massive overdrainage problem.
Can anyone out there help me with any info, also does anyone know anything about a new adjustable valve called polaris which are meant to be less prone to faulting as i would like to get mine removed & replaced as it has caused so many problems.i have just about come to the end of the line with my shunt and am getting nowhere so i would love to hear from anybody as many of you are aware it can be a problem talking about issues.i have just found this site & find it great finding out i am not alone.hope to hear back from some of you regards ian
i also have the medtronic strata. I keep having headaches on the top and back of my head. Nausea is driving me nuts. Mine keeps adjusting itself back to a 1 also. It was at a 1.5 and went back to a 1 on its own and they adjusted it and it did it again! The neuro adjusted it again last night but they said my ventricles are so small now they can barely see them. I'm scared to death. Went from extremely large ventricles to way too small ventricles in just 2 months. I dont know what to do either. Thanks.
peaches217 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote