View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 04:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default MRI Appointments

Do most of you take someone with you when you have an MRI test or any other test done at the hostpital?

I have an MRI/ENG test tomorrow first thing in the morning. Both tests are back to back within an hour apart. The last MRI I had done my DH went with me. He usually doesn't attend any of the neuro appointments. However, I've been having so much vertigo/nausea lately that I'm almost afraid to drive.

When I asked my DH if he would go with me to the tests, thinking he actually would go, I was shocked that he said no. He didn't think that it was any big deal. My brother-in-law who has severe medical issues, and has MRI's done a few times a year- my sister takes him to his MRI's, etc. - no questions asked.
Am I expecting too much out of my DH? I asked him why he wouldn't go and the thing that upsets me most was his answer- "It would be a waste of my time"- ugh! He told me that he could be in meetings making more use of 'that time' verses sitting in a waiting room while I was getting tested. However, he can't seem to quite fathom how severe the dizziness is that I have!!!

Then what is more agravating is he gripes at me when I am laying down most of the day or go to bed early due to feeling so miserable or can't go do a lot of things lately and puts the guilt trip on me. So caring and empathetic. ARGH! I've tried to talk to him about how he is treating me and he 'claims he is understanding' but just does not get it at all. Is this normal?

Please help!

Coffeegirl
coffeegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (04-28-2010)